The Kickflip is often the first flip trick skaters learn. It takes the fundamental skills achieved from perfecting the Ollie and expands upon them.
- Position your back foot over the back tail of the skateboard, your front foot just before halfway and bend your knees.
- In one smooth motion, slam the tail down into the ground with your back foot and slide your front foot towards the front end of the skateboard leaving the heel hanging off the edge whilst extending your legs in an upward movement. TIP: you may get better results if you slide your foot up on its side.
- Once your front foot is in line with the front trucks kick down hard on the edge of the board with the toes of your front foot. This will cause the board to flip.
- Lift your legs so your feet are out of reach of the board whilst it is flipping.
- When the board has flipped over 360 extend your legs to land back on the gripped surface. TIP: Keep your feet spaced roughly over the screws of the trucks to keep balance.